Monday, January 21, 2008

IT is IIT dude…!!

I jus had a creepy experience down at IIT this afternoon!

Creepy?? Will get to know why… Read On ==>

Can you believe it I was in the midst of the Most Brainy Brains of India!!! I could feel the vibes on the chair I sat, on the trees I leaned, on the road I walked, the steps I climbed, in the breeze that chilled me…

We were searching for the entrance gate of IIT Madras on a 200CC bike and found it right there and was like an opening of a den. No buildings were visible, and only thing that opened door for our eyes were green lush trees that covered the entire campus. It was exactly as how our Insti Princi once said in his speech about this Institute he graduated from… It was a concrete forest but now there are huge trees and plants which hid these huge ‘brain go downs‘ from the crowd, pollution and ‘Ordinary People’ outside!!!

The pulsar roared its 200CC engine as it jumped the hump in front of the gate. A cool breeze freshened our face as we looked at an IITian Chick! Damn She Also!!!!! we both said together ( coz She was with a guy )!

The pulsar stopped in front of a check post.

I put pressure on where I rested my left foot and threw my right leg round over through the IITian air balancing my whole 70Kg on my left leg and kept in down on the left side of the bike on the IITian Road! My first Step in (I am just being specific out here… not ‘TO’ its ‘IN’ ) any IIT Campus!

Took the pass and aimed at our next destination. Mechanical Drawing Section! I was on the way to give CEED2K8! And I was like Ishaan of TZP carrying Acron paints and Graphite-Charcoal pencils in my bag. Off to an IIT to scribble, draw and paint on plain sheets of paper hoping my hands to do wonders when rest of the population in IIT does it with Brains! Well that’s all on the other side of the wall, lets now enjoy the current cool air, calm surroundings, trees, sparrows and the lonely road. Romantic environment and I wished kaash I had a GF! IITian Couples must be the most blessed ones, I thought…

I took the position allotted for me and sat down on the wooden stool, probably used by some great IIT graduate who must have come out with his own car design or probably a car company! Huge green board… IIT professors who invigilated the exam… Those fans hung on the ceiling that must have witnessed some great research work down here at the drawing lab.

I felt as if I was all-alone. Like a chicken lost in a paddle of ducks! Lost in unfathomable woods of brains. I saw professors rocketing their mopeds through the well-tarred road. Students carrying working models something which looked like an aircraft. Flocks of good-looking chicks that might have been daughters of professors like how it was in the bestseller 5 point someone!) It was CREEPY… Need to somehow get out of this place. I would have to dash 3km if I chose to run… Then I saw a crowd and they seemed like waiting for a bus. A bus to the Entrance Gate? Thought of getting it answered from some one out there probably an IITian!

There he was! a guy with a jacket, thick glasses looked like a 9 point someone! I slowly went near him cautiously as if going for a zoo visit to see lions. I asked him with a faltering voice. Is there a bus to the Gate? I couldn’t guess whether he was uttering… whether some complex thermodynamics equation or a “YES”! And in a few mins I boarded a bus and was out in no time.

I remember when I never knew the full form of IIT even after joining those competitive examination-coaching centre. And finally when I came to know and thought of giving the test it was too late. If we all were in Somalia and IIT where to be the sole Bread provider and we all queue up I would be standing in the 37.5Kth position! Hope you got what I meant. That was my IIT Prelims rank!

1 comment:

Jk said...

Oru mini Chetan Bhagat allenkil Thushar Raheja aakan nokiyathaano ennoru Samshayam. Bikil ninnum thaazhe irangi Pass medichathine explain cheythathu kandu paranjataaane.
Anyways, well scripted :). Keep charcoaling in ;)